If you have seen both honeycomb and cellular shades online and are curious to know the difference, well there is no difference. Honeycomb is commonly used as the name for cellular shades produced by window covering companies such as Hunter Douglas and Norman. Cellular shades or honeycomb shades both inherited their names from the design pattern of the window shade itself. Small individual cells of fabric or material are attached to one another using some form of adhesive to create the entire shade. If the shade is viewed from the side, the pattern of cells closely resembles a honeycomb. With that being said, both terms are equally appropriate for describing this type of Houston window shade and it is merely a matter of preference.
The Highest Energy-Efficiency Rated Window Shades
Cellular shades keep you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. When you install a new cellular shade on a cold day and you lower it for the first time, you can immediately feel the cold air disappear. As the hot or cold air tries to pass through the material it get trapped in the cells (hence the name 'Cellular' shade) keeping you more comfortable. Cellular shades save on your energy bill and are the most energy efficient window treatments available. And while the cellular design is praised for its efficiency, its shape and overall aesthetic are nothing short of beautiful.
Reduce Outside Noise
Improve your room’s acoustics while reducing the intensity of outside sound. It starts at the windows. Cellular shades absorb sound and reduce outside noise.
The degree of sound control will depend on the fabric you choose, so if this is an important feature to you, be sure to discuss it with your Signature Shutters window treatment expert.
The ultimate in versatility, Top-Down/Bottom-Up window shades and shadings offer you the ability to operate window treatments (including Roman Shades, cellular shades, pleated shades, woven wood shades and honeycomb shades) from the top down or the bottom up to meet all your privacy needs while still giving you access to natural light.
Duette Honeycomb Shades
The original single- and double-honeycomb Duette® shades come in multiple cell sizes, a horizontal or Vertiglide™ vertical orientation, and a range of light-control options from sheer to opaque.
Alustra® Architella Honeycomb Shades
The Alustra® Collection of Duette® Architella® honeycomb shades fuse function with style. Unique fabrics are layered together in the Architella construction to create a distinctive look with superb energy efficiency bringing stunning practicality to each room in your home.
Our honeycomb-within-a-honeycomb design offers energy savings in both winter and summer. Choose from the largest selection of fabrics, colors and pleat sizes. Vertiglide™ options also available.
Applause Houston Honeycomb Shades
Applause® honeycomb shades offer a streamlined selection of fabrics, colors and operating systems, including Vertiglide™. The only honeycomb shades with energy-efficient, triple-cell construction.
Liven up your space with bold, modern colors and patterns that range from orange to blue to every color in between. Either way, these pleated shades add a lot of character.
Norman Portrait™ Honeycomb Shades
Our Norman Cellular Shades offer comfort, function and style are seamlessly integrated to exceed the highest expectations and provide unparalleled value. The many features and options inherent to Cellular Shades help create a home environment that is intimately yours while assuring distinction, energy efficiency, and superior value.
Benefits of Norman Honeycomb Shades
- More cordless: Look to SmartFit™, cordless Day & Night Shades, cordless vertical shades, SmartRise™, and our iconic cordless top-down bottom-up
- 300 fabric options: 3/8" single cell, 3/8" double cell, and 3/4" single cell for a fresh streamlined look: from sheer to light-filtering, semi-opaque to room darkening
- Energy efficient: High R-value material and construction promotes energy efficiency, and provides a luxurious touch, with low maintenance
- A dozen lift systems: Offers smooth, dependable adjustment for whatever the need and decor, with or without cords, from the top, bottom, or both
- Special fabric options: Atmospheric sheer fabrics, NFPA 701 compliant flame resistant fabrics, and designer prints for nature-inspired to contemporary looks
- Safer solutions including 100% cord-free systems to reduce child/pet entanglement risk
- Made for every window: For windows up to 12 ft wide. Plus skylights, French doors, sidelights and vertical solutions for patio doors
- Heavy duty hardware: Portrait™ features a sleeker and stronger headrail that's light yet extremely sturdy and won't bend or twist
Better than Top-Down Bottom-Up Cordless Shades
The award-winning system adjusts from the top or from the bottom without dangling cords in the middle that can get in the way. The ultimate in streamlined looks, it sits closer to the window edge for less light leakage and a cleaner profile